Friday, June 4, 2010

Standard Chartered Marathon

Yes, so this is it! After taking a break in 2009 (due to Sarawak trip), this is the comeback year. I think some time in my more youthful years, I did make a mental note that I would like to complete a full marathon before I hit 30 years old. The reason being I thought that I would sustain my running habit and train up. After that, I will step down on my running to protect my fragile knees. Unfortunately, along the way, I became less disciplined and found the excuse that I am too busy to exercise.

Hmmm, I suppose since I've re-discovered this target I have set for myself last time, perhaps I should do something about it such that I won't regret not doing it. so here's the plan:

Year          Age/years          Distance/km
2010              27                        10
2011              28                       21.1
2012              29                       42.2


Woah, just nice since I have 3 years left before I hit the big 3. That also means that I have no time to procrastinate if this is really a goal I would like to achieve.

Sometimes we have to try out things, give our best attempt. Otherwise, maybe when we get older and can't do it anymore, we look back and wished we had. so yes, if my knees don't give me problems after the 10 km run, i will train for the 21 next year!

No comments: