Wow, it's December once again!
I have just turned quarter-of-a-century old.
It didn't seem too long ago when I wrote the following post (before my 21st):
Transition to Adulthood?
So here it is, one week before I will officially be allowed to watch restricted films, gain entry into certain posh bars, drink if I were in the States, sign indemnity forms on my own behalf, etc. Not that I have been dying to do these things. Just listing down whatever differences that may start to appear in my life.
And of course, other than these 'official' matters, I do not think turning 21 is going to have a Deep Impact on this physics geek here (since there's no sign of meteorite coming to hit the Earth soon).
Maybe it is going to jolt me out of the current no-direction-in-life state, if only for a while. And perhaps my birthday wish this year would be to completely dispel that suspicion that I am a potential lunatic, fuelled by my excessive reflections on unnecessary issues. Put simply, I ought to 'shut up and get on with life'. Plus, I am going to be a more positive and kind-hearted person.
-----
Hmmm... I wonder how 'adult' I have become in the light of what was written FOUR years ago! Shucks. Time really seriously flies. Maybe work does force one to grow up quickly. But then again, perhaps not as quickly in my work? I don't know.
It's quite interesting to read old posts. I suppose the above kind of served as a prelude to how I found my way to God. And I also suppose that my 'no-direction-in-life' problem has been resolved to a large extent. Though I still have doubts at times, I believe the question has already been answered at the most fundamental level. In any case, I should definitely be thankful that I have not been certified a lunatic despite my compelling suspicions four years ago.
Sorry I am rambling. First sign of ageing. It's just that significant dates make people a little more reflective than usual.
No comments:
Post a Comment