
Whew! Just returned from a camp at Pulau Ubin... and recalled that ten years ago, I wrote in a Chinese Composition that I had wanted to be an OBS Instructor. Of course, later on, I became lazy and realised that the extreme physical demands might not be such a good idea.
Anyway, I am quite glad that I went for the camp. Really enjoyed myself and also got to do some things which I have not done before, for instance:
1. Kayaking across the Straits from Pasir Ris to Pulau Ubin
2. Cycling in Pulau Ubin
3. Eating fish cooked using solid fuel and mess tin
4. Sitting by the sea sipping juice from a coconut *slurp*

Had this bike for a morning to transport me around the island.

Keeping myself occupied while waiting for the teams to arrive...

Hut at Ubin. This interesting old lady came to talk to me although I had no idea what she was trying to tell me in Malay. She then walked away, coming back later with five coconuts and attempted to talk to me again. Haha. Life on the island is so different from mainland Singapore.
Then there was all the singing, cheering and laughing ourselves crazy during the campfire - strangely, we were more excited and enthusiastic than the students. Self-amusement, I suppose.
Fun fun! Haha. Well, perhaps this is a teeny part of my OBS instructor dream come true and even better, without the overly strenuous activities!
No comments:
Post a Comment